back to Villages of the Sabina

Cantalupo in Sabina
Altitude 303 mt.
Population: 1500

Cantalupo in Sabina

Useful numbers:

  • comune........... 0765 514031
  • pro loco........... 0765 514031
  • post office........ 0765 514033
  • pharmacy......... 0765 514289

Brief historical background of Cantalupo in Sabina:
Cantalupo coat of arms Founded in the early medieval period, Cantalupo appears in the Regesto Farfense for the first time in 1037. In the years following it passed through the hands of various Roman families. In the 17th century the original castle was transformed into what is now Palazzo Cammucini, so called after Baron Cammucini who, in 1862, aquired the building and turned it into a private museum.

Thanks to the comune of Cantalupo for use of the images

To visit:
Palazzo Cammucini

Palazzo Camuccini

Sagra del Melone
Seasonal market (march, june, september, december)


Places to visit - Events - How to get here - Map
History - Gastronomy - Geography - Traditions
Villages of the Sabina - Schools - Useful numbers
"The Farfa from Farfa" - Links


site produced for Fabaris srl.
© 2000 Fabaris, all rights reserved